Merrydown PLC (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Merrydown PLC of Manderson House, 5230 Valiant Court, Deltaway, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4FE.
What we collect & why
We may collect information from you in the course of your use of this Website. The information collected is used to improve your experience of the Website and as we believe to be necessary under any applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Merrydown PLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Storage of data
Any data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored in, a database. This database, along with one or more backup copies, is stored on computers that will be physically located either within the European Union, in the United States of America or in another country so long as SHS has undertaken appropriate measures to ensure your data is protected in conditions no less stringent that if it were being stored within the EU. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unless you tell us when you complete the form that you don’t wish us to contact you in future, we may use this data to inform you about updates to our web site or product range from time to time. If you believe your name and/or e-mail address to be stored in our database and would like the record deleted, please contact us.
Appropriate technical and organisational measures have been taken to protect the data we store from access by unauthorised individuals or organisations. The database itself is stored in a high security data centre, protected by leading-edge firewall technology.
Information sharing and disclosure
Shloer will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Shloer may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; and/or
- we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Shloer to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.)
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.